A Proud Member Of The
A Professional Theatre Company:
Food For Your MindNourishment For Your Soul
The Company was founded in the summer of 2007, drawing inspiration from the acclaimed Group Theatre. Like the Group Theatre, The Company believes in creating authentic human behavior on stage – “Life in Fiction” we like to call it.
Our goal is create an environment and an experience where each audience member can feel like a 'fly on the wall', watching the lives and events of real people unfold and sometimes unravel right before their eyes.
In addition, we work hard to produce thought provoking and entertaining plays and readings (of new and classic works) for everyone.
In May of 2008, The Company produced it's first show, Chapter Two, at the Hackensack Cultural Arts Center.
In January of 2009, The Company became The Company Theatre Group, Inc.
In July of 2009, The Company became a 501c3, non-profit organization.
In Feb of 2012, The Company produced its 10th production.
In Nov of 2015, The Company produced its 20th production.
In April of 2016, The Company became a member of the NJ Theatre Alliance - an association of NJ's professional theatres.
We will Create and Produce thought-provoking entertainment for our fans and friends: 'Life in Fiction' – naturalistic, human behavior.
Principle, The Second:
There will be no further principles.
1) To create outstanding, organic, living theatre through the production of thought-provoking, interesting, and entertaining plays.
2) To delight and challenge our fans and friends with our productions.
3) To develop and maintain a safe, nonjudgmental home where artists can grow, take risks, and continually explore the creative process.
4) To use a team-like approach to every production.
5) To Choreograph only what is absolutely necessary in each production.
6) To maintain a Professional Work Ethic in everything we do.
7) To support new and veteran artists and playwrights through workshops, classes, and readings.